The Most Frequent Concerns For Divorcing Couples:
- How do we begin to split our marital assets?
- What does the term QDRO mean when dividing qualified retirement accounts?
- 50/50 Custody; do children feel like they are living out of a suitcase?
- I want to live in the marital home but I am not sure that I can afford it.
- Should the house be sold?
- How do the debts get divided? I did not create the debt on the credit card; why should I have to pay?
- I deserve alimony. How much will I receive and for how long?
Assist with all required “Court Papers”
- What court papers are necessary in order to get divorced?
Other mediation concerns:
- Will I need a lawyer to review my agreements (Parenting Plan and Divorce Decree)?
- What happens if I don’t want a divorce but my spouse does?
- How much does mediation cost?
- What is the difference between a contested divorce and an uncontested divorce?
- Should I get a divorce or a legal separation?
- I have to vent; can I do that in mediation?
- Will I be entitled to my spouses Social Security Benefit?
- I need health insurance but I can’t pay for it; what happens after the divorce?
- I don’t have life insurance for the best interests of the children but my spouse does; what if payments for the life insurance policy stop without my knowledge after the divorce?
- Will there be problems dividing the family business?
- I think my spouse has hidden assets; can I still mediate my divorce?
- My case involves domestic violence; can we mediate our divorce?